Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer Udates, and New Project

     I realize it's been a couple weeks since I've posted anything, but considering it's now August, and garden and canning season is in full swing, I'd say I'm not doing too bad! LOL!
     Seriously, there has been so much happening, from starting the year's stocking up on frozen, dehydrated, and canned goods from the garden and farmers' market, to working odd hours at the restaurant, to having three separate batches of chickens to take care of (don't ask!), the summer has been flying by like crazy.
     We had a table at this year's Sidewalk Sales event in Honesdale, selling my book, where I was able to show off a first glimpse of my new project, Red Wolf Trilogy. Sadly, the event was pretty much a washout. With temperatures in the HIGH 90s (F) both days, not many people were out. It was disappointing, but still a learning experience. And I'm super excited about this new project. Take a peek at my 'Current Projects' page, where I talk a little more about what it is and how it came to be.


     This isn't the official cover or anything, just some promo artwork I had Abby, my partner on Unseen Things, do for the event. Still, I'm pretty in love with it.
     I'm aiming to be able to release the first book in the trilogy, Burn, this winter, and with that deadline in mind, I've been pushing really hard at getting through the first draft, which is the main reason blog posts have been slacking. There just isn't enough time to do it all! Still, now that the Sidewalk Sales are behind, and work is going back to normal (at least for the moment!), I'm hoping to get back on schedule. Starting now, of course! Lord willing, next week I'll be putting up the next post in my devotional series.

     What kind of crazy things have you all been up to this summer? Any new opportunities?

No comments:

Post a Comment